Monday, 21 May 2012

Biting the Bullet

My first post. Here's hoping it's the only one to refer to the biting of an indigestible! I love food and am interested in all aspects, from its production to its transformation into tasty breakfasts, lunches or dinners. I am lucky to live in Cork, a city that has a great selection of quality food producers and sellers and I am lucky to have parents who grow a variety of organic fruit and veg and are generous with them! This is my first green fingered year, with tomatoes, lettuces, and herbs thriving away in my small back yard. I live in a tiny house in the city center, so small I have to move all furniture when inviting people over for dinner. I also have a tiny kitchen, but at least everything is to hand when juggling pots on the hob! I'm a believer in the old adage "we are what we eat", the better the quality of food we eat, the better we will look and feel.

I spend my day at work dreaming up and planning meals. Tonight's is going to be breaded haddock and home made chips with homemade tartar sauce and a garlic and mint pea purée. Nice and simple for the start of the week! I'll start posting photos and recipes once I've bought myself a camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment