Wednesday, 23 May 2012

An oldie but a goodie...

I've been making these chocolate chip cookies since I was small. They're based on a Linda McCartney recipe, take 5 minutes to put together, freeze brilliantly, last for up to a week in an air tight tin and taste gorgeous. What's not to like?! I've used hazelnuts in these but walnuts or pecans work just as well.

Makes 15

Ingredients:
125g unsalted butter
50g caster sugar
125g light soft brown sugar
1 free range egg beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
125g best quality dark chocolate, chopped
100g hazelnuts, chopped

Method:
Preheat oven to 190°C
Cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and beat well to mix. Finally fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto well greased baking sheets, leaving room around each to allow for spreading (I flaten mine slightly with the back of a fork). Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment